Sunday, September 7, 2008

Attack! Attack!

Attack of the killer fork. For you who have assiduously read my blogs, you will recall my encounter with a garden hose. It reared up and soaked me to the skin before I could capture and subdue it. My blog is archived back there just in case you missed it.

Yesterday, I reached into the cutlery drawer in the kitchen for a spoon. That's when the fork attacked. It jabbed so hard into the top of the middle finger of my right hand,it hung on until I was able to shake it off! And it really hurt. It's a wonder you didn't hear me screeching all the way to Australia. Blood poured from the puncture wounds. I rushed to the bathroom to bathe the wound and stop the bleeding

You may laugh and think I am making this up. Inert objects can't attack. I know that is true. I am taking no more chances with killer forks. I have turned all the forks so their tines are facing down. My finger is recovering.

I'd love to know if anyone else has been set upon by a so-called inert object? Leave a comment. please.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

8 comments:

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

All the time, Anita. One particular cabinet in my house regularly reaches out to try to trip me up.

Helen W said...

I am sorry about your finger Anita - I hope it does not stop you writing!
But I must confess to laughing at your story - and thank you for the laugh. I needed one today
Helen

barbara huffert said...

You must also put them in the drawer so they are facing away from you. Makes it much harder for them to attack.

anny cook said...

Ah, in Arizona we had a Jumping Cactus with hooked spines. It was so called because it seemed to "jump" when you got near it!

So glad your finger is better!

Charlene Leatherman said...

The wheels on my office chair regularly turn so they stick out and trip me. Personally, I think they are aliens that are trying to take over the world one accident at a time.

Regina Carlysle said...

I was once stabbed in the butt with a fork. My five yr old...she's 17 now, thought it would be funny if I sat on a fork accidentally. I don't think she thought it would ACTUALLY sink in and draw blood. Um, I was a little pissed about that.

Anita Birt said...

Thanks for all the funny comments. My finger recovered quickly. I know there is a gremlin in our house playing tricks. I have lost my reading glasses, in the house! And can't find them. It's a puzzle.

The Imposter said...

I've found that my nemesis within the world of inanimate objects has always been, and will continue to be so (at least for the foreseeable future), the corners of walls. They lurk in the shadows of obscurity and always pick exactly the right moment to strike, pouncing on me like a kitten with long claws. My toes and hip bones seem to be particular favourites of this dastardly enemy.