Saturday, June 4, 2011

Anita Birt's Note book

Behind again. No wonder I can't create a fan base eager to read my blogs. To-day I am blogging about FEET. We are born with a matched pair to take us through life. How often do you think about your feet? Only when they hurt?

They are the unsung heroes of our bodies. When was the last time you gazed fondly at your bare feet and congratulated them on taking care of you through rain, snow, ice, peat bogs (On high moorland in Wales)and blazing summer heat.

Many years ago my husband and I were on a walking holiday in Tuscany. I wore excellent waking shoes. Part way through the holiday I noticed a lump of some kind pressing into my right shoe, at the front. This was the start of a hammer toe which has plagued me ever since. It wants to twist over my big toe. I must never let my guard down or it will twist into an ugly mix of big toe and second toe and hurt. I keep it under control with special padding cut to fit the smaller toe. It's a tiny war I intend to win until I turn up my toes and disappear from this lovely earth.

When I think of the eighty-eight years of service my feet I have my my admiration knows no bounds. A pedicure every three weeks is a treat. If you can't afford a pedicure bathe your feet them gently, towel them dry and soothe with some body lotion. You may, if you feel like it, say a few kind words to your feet and promise to watch over them.

Feet may react to kind words as Price Charles vegetables are alleged to do. Your feet are yours to protect. Take care of them as you would your car, if you have one.

Two good feet are worth a king's ransom. And that is all I shall say about feet. I'd enjoy hearing from you. Do your feet hurt? Are they things of beauty?

I have my sixth chemo therapy next Tuesday, June 7th. That is the last one scheduled.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

Why not order by book, "Too Young To Die" if you enjoy a solid well written murder mystery involving a brave young woman striving to save a three month old baby from falling into the hands of a killer determined to take them both down. There's also a love story. My book is available as an e-book.

3 comments:

gordonhawkins2002 said...

Anita, love,

Im not sure my occasional e-mail is reaching you. so love and greetings on your blog then.I hope the latest chemo does its job.
As you reflect imaginatively about ageing I wonder if you are coing across any recent wrting ont e subject "Crazy Age; Thoughts on Being old," for example. It might entertain you.
A mallet toe. I could bond with that, having just acquired a mallet finger.
Warmest affection, Gordon

Anita Birt said...

How lovely to hear from you.Old friends are special. I have had the odd e-mail from you. My oncologist on Monday decided to cancel #6 chemo therapy because I am doing to well. He wants a cat scan in a month or so to see inside me!

Please send me "Crazy Age; Thoughts on being old."

Anita Birt said...

I have your new e-mail address so I have sent you and e-mail. Watch for it.