Wednesday, November 27, 2013

ANITA BIRT'S JOURNAL

Have you done your Christmas shopping? Can you afford to do your Christmas shopping? Have you given up?

I don't shop for my family now. They are all grown up and I haven't a clue what to buy for them so I send them cheques or money orders for my grandson and his darling wife, Francesca, who live in Arundel, England. I'll send them extra money to buy something for my great grand daughter, Caroline..

When Fraser, my Grandson, had an opportunity to work in London, England, he jumped at the chance but I think, and his parents think, it was the underground train system that attracted him. As a little boy he loved his special train set. When we visited friends in Bridal Veil, Oregon, trains rumbled by and we had a grand view from an old lumber yard. Trains are more interesting that aircraft. You actually get to see them. Wave at the engineer or fireman or passengers. Can't do that at 35,000 feet.

My son and daughter-in-law have returned home, all is quiet. I have to get my head back into writing mode. It's a process for me. I'm already thinking about where the story is going at this point. Finding a very nasty son who wants his mother's money. I don't know what's up with him but he is a unpleasant piece of work.

This book is the second in the series I started as A Ghost Writer Mystery. Two main characters are the same. Whether I will live long enough to write a series of more than two books is moot. I shall see how things go. In the meantime, writing keeps my brain working in mysterious ways.

Have you purchased your copy of ISABELLE? Have you purchased my romance novels.They are available as e-books and in trade paper back. I am buying books. It's like an illness. I enjoy reading on my Kindle but am also a lover of holding  books in my hands.You have a choice with my books! E-books or paper back books. Comment if you have a mind to do so.

I am reading The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. She won the Man Booker Prize. The book is physically heavy, about two inches thick, a lot of reading.

Anita
My web site is have birth pains but will be ready soon.

No comments: