Monday, July 7, 2014

ANITA BIRT - SPEAKING OUT

Sigh. I've given up on the theme, GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY. Some bright old dame has written a book or an article or something called, Growing Old Disgracefully. Can't beat that for a title so I quit. I'm growing old and that is that! Actually I don't want to be Disgraceful. what ever that means.

So where do I stand now? My left foot is still a bit sore so I can't walk as far as I like.

 I'm writing Phyllis. I'm almost at 30,000 words and am not sure what the mystery is that's driving the story. I think that's most peculiar. I should know who is doing what to whom, and when and where and what is the outcome. Haven't a clue. It will reveal itself in good time as I write.

Great article in the Globe and Mail to-day about the importance of reading to children from when they are little. Read every day until they can learn to read. Read and sing and talk to them every day. To reduce illiteracy leave children's books in doctor's offices. Carry a book or two with you when you go out with your kids. Giving your children the gift of literacy is a treasure beyond price.

Back to me and my books. Are you buying my e-book, THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY? Please push me into the best seller list! Is that possible? Worth a try. It costs $1.99

And remember my romance novels. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN.  ISABELLE'S DIARY.  ISABELLE'S STORY.   RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

If I had had any sense when I started writing I should have written a series. Readers love series. But it's too late for me.  My present book, Phyllis, is a stand alone mystery. Whether it will ever find a publisher is moot. We shall see. I write for pleasure.

Enjoy the day. The sun is shining here and there's no wind. Blue sky. Blue sea. The snow on the Olympic mountains is shining white.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com



No comments: