Thursday, November 20, 2014

ANITA BIRT'S - NOTE BOOK

Have you done your Christmas book shopping? For the women in your life who enjoy reading well written romance novels, I suggest you give them a treat, wrapped up under the tree one of them will find, A VERY DIFFICULT MAN, a historical romance. It takes place in an English country mansion, 1865 but all is not peaceful and quiet. A wounded soldier returned from the Crimea does not want a companion foisted on him by his worried family. A female? Probably belongs to the Temperance Union. He makes her life as miserable as possible but she fights back.

My book is selling well in England. I promise your friend a great read.

Now back to the present time. Already the shops are dressed for Christmas. It's important to order your books early so they will arrive for Christmas but isn't November a bit early for Christmas trees with jiggling bells and candles flickering? They've already had the Santa Claus parade in Toronto so the one in Victoria will not be far behind.

I think my granddaughter Melissa will have a difficult time keeping three year old Willa from spinning like a top as she listens to Christmas songs.

My little Great Granddaughter in England is too little to figure out what's going on. She's been to London but the Queen wasn't in. I wonder if she saw the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace?

Must go and write in my diary and think about the review I must write for Richard Flanagan's book, The Narrow Road to the Deep North. It won The Man Booker Prize for fiction. I recommend it.

Anita Birt
www.anitabirt.com


No comments: