Friday, April 29, 2016

ANITA BIRT - ON AGING

I think I've touched on this topic before but I can't remember! What is that a sign of? Aging? Forgetting? What the hell so I forgot what I've written. In the Don Marquis stories of Archie and Mehitabel, one of her favourite saying was "What the hell, Archie, what the hell." when she'd been out on the tiles all night or down the alley with disreputable cats with torn ears and a bad attitude.

What does it feel like being ninety-three?  It feels like any age. As long as I stay healthy and my brain is still functioning I could be forty-three or sixty-three.

Age is not a number. Age is who I am. What I"m doing. How do I keep going? It's a matter of getting up in the morning, showering and getting dressed. I could be any age as long as I don't have terrible pains or a serious illness or have  lost a loved one.

In January 2001 my daughter died, unexpectedly. A parent never gets over the loss of a child even a child who is middle-aged. My daughter lived next to my heart for nine and half months before she was born. A precious child.

To-day the sun is shining where I live and the sun is sparkling on the sea. The air is fresh. Altogether a fine place fo live and I am blessed to be here. I can see a field of camus lillies from my window.

Buy my romance novels. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN. ISABELLE'S DIARY. ISABELLE'S STORY. RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE. The last two books will soon be out of print  Buy your copies now! www.anitabirt.com

Anita



No comments: