Friday, February 22, 2008

Missing Blog believed lost forever. Reward to finder.




Curses while I tear my hair. I blogged yesterday, such a brilliant blog, and it's not here! Where did it go? I had a lovely time with Alice in Through the Looking Glass and her chat with Humpty Dumpty about the meaning of words - unbirthdays and neckties on an egg. Sigh. And it's gone forever. So I will put up the covers of my books and do a little PR to encourage you, dear readers, to rush to Cerridwen Press and order them. Here they are. A Very Difficult Man is a historical romance, England 1855.
Isabelle's Diary is a contemporary romance with a paranormal twist and Isabelle's Story, 1900, is a historical romance, the story of the girl who wrote the diary. My Isabelle stories are set in and around Llandrindod Wells, the old Spa town, Wales.
I blogged on www.goddessesofstorytelling.blogspot.com to-day. Have you ever heard of the word "disremember?" Roger Clements used it when questioned about using performance enhancing drugs. It was new to me but there are hundreds of words in my Oxford Dictionary with the prefix "dis." Seems you can attach it to almost anything to make a point.

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
And as Humpty Dumpty wisely remarked about words. "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty "Which is to be master - that's all."

I love reading Alice inWonderland and Alice Through The Looking Glass. When I was a little kid I'd press my nose against a mirror to see if I could step through into Wonderland. Never made it.

Drop by my web site and read excerpts and reviews of my books. www.anitabirt.com

Anita

No comments: