Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fairy tales



"There are fairies at the bottom of our garden ..." The poem by Rose Tyleman was my favourite recitation when I was a child. At the drop of a hat or a wave of my wand I would recite. Church concerts, school concerts - give me an audience and I would perform.


That's me all dressed up to do my thing. No colour photos when I was a little kid but you can see I am dressed in white. My mother or grandmother made the outfit. I think I was getting ready to go out for Hallowe'en by the look of the leafless trees and dry grass in our garden. Unfortunately, we didn't have fairies at the bottom of our garden or I might have settled in with them. I desperately wanted wings so I could fly.


I wanted to be an actress as I grew up. Gifted with the ability to memorize poems, speeches from Shakespeare and bits and pieces of doggerel. I was ready for the stage but the stage wasn't ready for me so I made do with school assemblies and school plays. Perhaps I began a writing career to get my name out in public. I am smiling. No best sellers not even a whisper but I soldier on. And that brings me to my books, all published by Cerridwen Press. A Very Difficult Man, historical romance, circa 1854. Isabelle's Diary, a contemporary romance with a paranormal twist, Isabelle`s Story, a historical romance, circa 1900, the story of the girl who wrote the diary. Ring Around The Moon, a time travel romance set in magical Cornwall.

I`ll put up the cover for Ring Around The Moon . For excerpts and information about my books check out my web site. http://www.anitabirt.com/

Thanks for dropping by.

Anita


4 comments:

Phoenix said...

Well aren't you just the cutest little thing? When you posted to the pond, I thought, "Does she dress in fairy often?"

LOL

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Beautiful Anita. I bet the faeries were there, they were just shy.

Regina Carlysle said...

Ahhhh, what a litte cutie-pie!!!!

Anita Birt said...

Thank you Kelly, Cindy and Regina for your darling comments. I was quite the performer.