Saturday, February 11, 2012

Anita Birt's Note book and Rant

I feel a rant coming on. I am an older woman, not in my dotage and still paying my taxes, income and on everything thing I purchase yet the federal government in my country is making noises about older people being a burden on society. Not quite in those blunt words but I get the message. We are over using our health care system and draining resource, etc. It goes on apace and I am tired of being blamed for the ills of society. I have been as healthy as a trout all my my life and now I am using the medical resources available to me. Either I use them or I die! Not  a desirable outcome.

That's my little rant. I am thinking of adding to my true story of crossing the Atlantic Ocean on August/September 1944. Not in  sailboat but on a small ship as part of a huge convoy taking food and other important goods to war torn Britain. Not that I did anything important but two ships in the convoy were torpedoed and the explosion lifted me inches off my bunk. It was close and I don';t remember being frightened.When you are young, dying is not part of your thinking.

I shall return. In the meantime, hustle out and purchase my time travel romance, Ring Around The Room. I hadn't read it since I wrote and am reading it now. I love it.
 Anita

www.anitabirt.com

No comments: