Saturday, May 11, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book and other stuff

It's Mother's Day tomorrow.Hard to miss with all the articles about mothers, especially young and pretty mothers, or actress mothers or famous mothers, i.e. Jackie Kennedy but not a single wrinkled old mother like me. Boo Hoo.

Life goes on. We can't stop time. We can't stop the changing seasons. We can't stop dying. It happens to all of us. "Life is a terminal illness." Don't like that, it assumes we are sick, sick, sick at the end of days. Doesn't always happen that way.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY tomorrow no matter what your age, weight, height or status. We are here. Enjoy the day. Quaff a glass of wine. Eat a piece of chocolate cake. Sit back with a hot cup of coffee and think how lucky the world is to have you living in it.

My mystery novel is progressing as it should. I'm pulling together evidence. Drug smuggling seems to be part of it. A side operation in diamond smuggling. What the hell! Why stop at drugs. Diamonds are much prettier and last a lot longer. Most women love diamonds.

On our sixtieth wedding anniversary several years ago my husband asked if I wanted a ring, a necklace or a bracelet with diamonds. I said no. Diamonds are not my thing. On the morning of our anniversary my husband handed me a brown envelope. Inside were twenty shares in a diamond mine! Worth a fair amount of money then but have dropped in price. I treasure the shares and will never sell them.

 I miss my clever, thoughtful husband but I sense his presence. A loving human being doesn't disappear after 65 years of marriage. I'm not talking about spooks, I'm talking about a feeling. You either have it or you don't.  My Celtic blood knows.

Make my Mother's Day a treat by ordering my five romance novels on your e-reader or in trade paper back. Order from my publisher, Ellora's Cave or from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.UK

A VERY DIFFICULT MAN.  ISABELLE'S DIARY.  ISABELLE'S STORY.  RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: