Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ANITA BIRT - WEAVER OF TALES

All  is peaceful and quiet after the celebration of Easter and its meaning. Back to writing, Phyllis. I have written 12,000 words and decided it was time to really get to know my characters. This always happens to me. I start writing the story and characters emerge and make their presence felt. Then the time comes when I must get to know those characters, who they are, how did they become who they are, did they fall afoul of problems in their life's journey, how did they get to become the character about whom I started writing.

There are three main characters in my book. Phyllis who is 39 years old, divorced. She's a chartered accountant. Has her own home.

Jake Bennett who has suddenly reappeared in Phyllis's life. More about him later.

Angie, six years old, a foundling, whom Jake found wandering on the road side.. Phyllis is forced to to care for Angie when Jake becomes seriously ill and ends up in hospital. Angie is a very bright child. She is a gifted artist for someone so young. She ran away from an abusive mother. It's a mystery to me (the author of this story) how Angie survived for several weeks before Jake picked her up. That I must think about. There is something about Angie - what is it?

Mr. Livingstone has walked into my story and I haven't a clue what to do with him. He's a Shaman, I think. He wants to help Phyllis but she doesn't want his help. Let's think of him as a skilled hypnotist who can tame a rowdy bunch of squawking, wing flapping geese,.

Four characters and the only one I'm sure about if Phyllis. I've been writing a short bio of Phyllis to get to know her better.

Until Jake returns to consciousness all I know about him is what Angie tells me.

There you have it. A story quite different from anything I've written before.

Please buy my books. THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY is available for purchase from Smashwords, and is also available at ibooks. Price: $1.99.

Also my romance novels available in e-format and trade paperback. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN. ISABELLE'S DIARY.  ISABELLE'S STORY. .RING AROUND THE MOON. TOO YOUNG TO DIE 
www,anitabirt.com

No comments: