Sunday, October 26, 2014

ANITA BIRT'S - NOTE BOOK

I have family visiting and my thoughts are else where while we go hither and thither and wit for the clouds to clear away. The weather forecasts have been completely wrong - not even close to being right. With all the high tech equipment I expected better things.

I bought a down filled coat for walking in the cold weather. It's light! I bought it at Edie Bauer store in the Mayfair Mall in Victoria. A young man,  Patrick, looked after me, giving me his full care and attention. I truly appreciated that.

The dreadful killings of two Canadian soldiers this past week has saddened the whole country. The man who ran down a soldier in Quebec is a follower of ISIS. He can't travel because the RCMP took away  his passport.. The police caught up with him and killed him.

The other soldier was shot doing ceremonial duty at the tomb of the unknown soldier in Ottawa. The gunman ran into the parliament buildings threatening the lives of the police officers and civilians. The gunman was shot dead by Kevin Vickers, Sergeant-of-Arms. He's in charge of security in the House of Commons and is allowed to carry a  gun. He shot the gunman three times and killed him.

Canadians are shocked. In our peaceable country we don't expect that kind of violence perpetrated against our soldiers. God knows they serve our country in war zones. War has been brought to our doorstep and the threats have to be dealt with.

The federal government is planning stricter methods to deal with terrorists threats both inside and outside our country. I think the world has gone mad and we have to deal with it.

Life does go on and my books are on sale as e-books and trade paperback. Check my web site for names of my books and reviews. At least that is normal.

Anita Birt
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: