Monday, January 5, 2015

ANITA BIRT'S - NOTE BOOK

TOO YOUNG TO DIE - A mystery/murder/romance all in one book. Here's how the book starts:

"Keep singin' lady." The armed man sitting across from Ellie in the nursery casually pointed his assault rifle at her.

Ellie cuddled the whimpering baby and tried unsuccessfully, to stay cool and remember the words of the old nursery rhyme. "Rock-a-bye baby, on the..." Her voice cracked on the first line.

"Sing."

"Can't sing. Can't breathe. Throat's too dry. Can I get a drink of water from the bathroom?"

He shambled to his feet. "Don't move. I don't hurt ladies and babies."

"Then what the hell are  you doing here?" Ellie shifted Nicki from one arm to the other and gulped air into her oxygen-deprived lungs.

"Don't give me that crap. You're up to  your neck in this, same as the rest." He slung the weapon under his arm. "Sing to the kid while I get you a drink."

"I can't."

"Do it. Keep the kid quiet." He lowered his brows. His eyes sank into the folds of scar tissue. "Sing about the mocking bird, you sang it before."

Ellie cleared her tense throat. "Hush little baby, don't  you cry...that one?"

He nodded and propped his beefy shoulder against the door. "My old lady used to sing it to my little sister."

The gorilla had a human mother. Hard to believe he hadn't come fully formed from the lab of a mad scientist.

That's the first page of TOO YOUNG TO DIE  Buy my book. Ellie has to save the baby. But how?

www.anitabirt.com

No comments: