Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Simple Pleasures

I came home from my early morning walk this morning and found an evening grosbeak on the bird feeder. I had never seen one before so my day started with a smile. I think we sometimes overlook or don't notice the simple pleasures in life. A courteous driver lets me slide into a line of traffic when I'm coming from a side road. A wave and a smile brighten the day. As a writer I am surprised at times when a character in my Work In Progress stops me in my tracks. I didn't intend him to be a leading character but he pushed his way into my story and here he is vying for the hand of the heroine.

My blogs are not going to be long dissertations about writing. I'll write about things that interest me and hope they will interest anyone who stumbles on my blog and cares to comment. There's a line of poetry running through my head so I'm off to Google it and track down the poet.

See you tomorrow.
Anita Birt

No comments: