Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Telling stories

I am fairly new at blogging and have decided that my life isn't interesting enough to attract comments from strangers who stumble across my blog. So, after to-day I am going to tell a story in serial form and invite you blog watchers out there to add to it. That's for tomorrow.

I live in a city close to the sea and herons nest in the giant Douglas fir trees in and around town. There's a large heronry in our biggest park and the herons return year after year to build their nests and raise their young.

Unfortunately, bald eagles have taken up residence nearby and there's a picture in our local newspaper of a female bald eagle who has wasted the heronry.
She has eaten the eggs and new babies. Not a baby survived. Bald eagles are protected by law but I think this eagle should be trapped and released somewhere else. The poor herons were driven out of their nests in the Douglas fir tree at Government House by marauding eagles. Where are the poor things to go?

Tomorrow I start a story. Drop by and take part.

Anita Birt
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: