Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Something wonderful

That's my first book with Cerridwen Press. One of the fascinating secondary characters in my book is Riena Stanley, a gypsy fortune teller. Riena is a childhood friend of Catherine Thurston, my heroine. Quite by chance, Catherine comes across a gypsy camp while chasing a young lad who'd been poaching pheasants on the Glenmore estate. Riena invites Catherine into her caravan where she takes out the precious crystal left to her by her grandmother and tells Catherine's future, naming her future husband. Catherine takes that with a grain of salt, has a meal with the gypsies and returns to the manor.Weeks later Riena, bruised and beaten by her husband, seeks help from Catherine to escape his brutality and boards a bride ship to Canada. What happens next? Buy my book. There are two wonderfu love stories. Gypsy spells. I plan to write about Riena after she arrives in Victoria, British Columbia and sets up shop selling ribbons, bows and trinkets.

And here is my second book with Cerridwen Press, Isabelle's Diary. A contemporary romance with a paranormal twist. Can ghosts appear in broad daylight?Practical minded Sally Carter didn't think so. Ghosts belong in eerie castles preferably on mountain tops where they shriek and moan and generally make the neighbours in the valleys below unhappy. But who was the girl dressed in sombre Victorian black who wept over a diary? Solving the puzzle changed Sally's life. Buy my book. Find a hero to sigh over and a love story to cherish.

Make me happy. Leave a comment. Visit my web site.

www.anitabirt.com

1 comment:

Anny Cook said...

Looking good, Anita! Looking good.