Saturday, December 29, 2007

Missing


I've been missing for days but have decided to appear and inform everyone who adores my books I am back. Isabelle's Story is out and ready to order. It's a historical romance, 1896-1900, the story of Isabelle Linden the girl who wrote the diary. Glance out the window on the cover and imagine Isabelle and her lover, Sir Harry Fairfield making love in a leafy glade in the hills above Llandrindod Wells, Wales.
I posted an excerpt on my previous blog. It's the first time Isabelle meets Sir Harry and it's a disaster for her. However, she writes about him in her diary. She can't forget him and Harry can't forget her.
I'll go on to another item of business. Quite by accident I discovered that an old book of mine, for which I own the copyright and the cover from A Very Difficult Man, were posted on a Free site. 36 copies of my book were downloaded. Free! I have asked for payment. But haven't a hope in hell of receiving it. I had my material removed from the site and asked the site owner why he/she allowed copyright material to appear without first checking the source. This kind of thing is so hard to deal with. 36 copies! And no royalty cheques. It's enough to make me weep or stamp my feet. I really am angry. What kind of people do this to hard working authors struggling to make a living or, at the very least, who look forward to fat royalty cheques?
Enough. Have a Happy New Year and for my author friends, may you enjoy many sales during 2008.
Anita

No comments: