Tuesday, April 22, 2008

EARTH DAY - SAVE THE TREES

To-day is Earth Day in Canada and probably around the world. As an e-published writer I have a suggestion. Save the Trees. Purchase E-BOOKS. What could be easier than that? Lighten your footprint on our precious planet.

Our modern life style is difficult to change. Next time you visit the local supermarket or shop, cast your eyes on the dairy section. Yogurt and soft cheeses are sold in plastic containers. The products have to be refrigerated and rigid plastic seems to be the only answer. Litres of milk are sold in plastic containers. I feel as if we are in a no-win situation. If we want dairy products safe to eat, they have to be refrigerated. I leave this for a team of brilliant scientists to study. How can plastic be replaced?

For anyone with a dog that has to be walked regularly, its poop has to be picked up in a little plastic bag. and disposed of in the garbage. You can't leave the stinky stuff for an innocent person to step in! So how to you pick up dog poop without a plastic bag? Another task for scientists to bend their minds around.

And now for something completely different. Here's the cover of my time travel, Ring Around The Moon. It had a fabulous review from ParaNormalRomance.org Now is your chance to SAVE A TREE - buy my book and enjoy a good read with an easy conscience. You have done your bit for EARTH DAY. Please leave a comment in the comment box below.

For more about me and my books check out my web site

www.anitabirt.com

1 comment:

The Imposter said...

Well, in London, most people DO leave dog poop for an innocent bystander to step in, much to the chagrin of a good many of my co-workers.

More importantly, I would really like to know how the plastic that is used is recycled. If the process itself is dangerous for the environment, I think the change should start there. Plastic bags are hideous things, and I would prefer that they didn't exist at all. In the meantime, reusable bags for grocery shopping are wonderful things!