Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Too Young To Die


Too Young To Die, my romantic suspense novel, will be released by Cerridwen Press on May 6, 2008.

"For the first time since she graduated from college, Ellie Paxton is unemployed and broke. She accepts the position of "nanny with computer skills" to care for a three month old baby boy and agrees to live in her employer's mansion located deep in the Cascade Mountains north of Seattle

Dying young isn't on Ellie's personal time line and her contract doesn't call for heroics on a grand scale but when the mansion is invaded by armed gunmen threatening to kill her and the baby if she doesn't reveal the passwords protecting her employer's files, she has to choose. Co-operate. Abandon the baby and escape. Or take him with her."

What would you do? That is the question I am posing to-day. The most interesting comment will receive a copy of Too Young To Die when it's released.

To continue: My time travel romance, Ring Around The Moon is available now from Cerridwen Press. I will be the featured author at www.AllisonKnight.com from May 15 to May 29. I'm going to interview Alan Tremaine, my time traveling hero on those dates. I'll send out reminders on my blog and my web site. www.anitabirt.com And on Facebook if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks for coming by. Next blog will be about saving trees. Watch for it!

All material on this site is copyrighted by Anita Birt




9 comments:

Cathy M said...

What a great question, Anita. In the fantasy world inside my head, lol, I am smart, strong, can function under pressure, and would do anything to save a child. So the baby and I would definitely be escaping.

Tuning back into the real world, I would probably do whatever they asked and protect the baby with my life. Hoping that once they found what they wanted, they would leave us alive.

char10 said...

those kind of men do not leave witnesses,so escape would be the only choice.If left alone, I'd rig up a sling for the baby and try to escape out the window.they'd probably think me too afraid to escape.I'd then head for the woods,trying not to leave any signs of my passing.I'd head deep into the woods avoiding roads and vehicles,staying in the brush til I found the nearest town.then I'd head to a very public place with alot of people around and have an employee call the police.
char

Mimi Barbour said...

I'd give them the password.
I'd protect the baby as well as I could.
If there was a safe room in the mansion where I could hide, taking the baby and supplies with me I would.
If not I'd run into the woods to the nearest neighbours.
and I'd be praying the whole time!!!

Asylumgirl said...

Wow, hope I'm never in this situation, but if I were, hypothetically speaking of course, I would cooperate in the beginning and get the gunmen to trust me. I definitely could not leave the baby, because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to him. I would drink lots of coffee if I could and whatever else I could think of to keep myself awake and aware so that when the first possible opportunity to escape arrived I would be able to do just that. I would think that since this is a mansion, there might possibly be a panic room or some type of armored room maybe that we could hole up in until help could arrive. Also, since it is a mansion there ought to be lots of places to hide and I would have the advantage of knowing the layout and what weapons or tools are at my disposal. Other than that I would try to remain calm and keep my wits so that we could make it out of this ordeal alive.

Debby said...

Hey hands down, I would take the baby and go. You just cannot leave something so innocent and vulnerable with bad guys

Katie Reus said...

Oooh, this is a good question! There are a few answers. If they were wearing masks, I'd be more apt to cooperate b/c if I haven't seen their faces, then hopefully they'd be less likely to kill me. If they weren't wearing masks, I'd take the baby and run if I could. As a last resort, if I couldn't take the baby, then i'd run by myself, find a phone and call the police or FBI. It's not as if the baby can be a witness so chances of them killing a baby are slim....unless they're uber bad. :)

jean hart stewart said...

No choice at all. She can't do anything but grab the kid and run. No matter what promises are made for protection for either one of them these type of guys would break it. Masked or not, she's toast if she cooperates. Good question to arouse comment, though

Heather Redmond said...

I'm a little adrenalined up after having two police cars and two fire trucks pull up outside the house because of a suicide scare next door, so I'd run with the baby and hope for the best! One would always hope you could get to a car and drive off toward a police or fire station.

The Imposter said...

I'd leave the kid and haggle for a share of the illegal profits :)