Thursday, October 16, 2008

Breaking a Dream

When I lived in Wales my Welsh mother-in-law did not attempt to interpret dreams I told her about. She said; "If you break a dream, it means you will have good luck." Breaking a dream is to have a follow-up experience that links to your dream.

Last night I dreamed I was with a group of people and for reasons I can't recall, I had to ride a horse. I have NEVER ridden a horse but it was imperative I do so. The horse was mostly brown with some black. I got into the saddle and grasped the reins. The horse knew I was a rank amateur and attempted to balk. I managed to control him and off we went. I was very nervous about handling the big animal. I had to get on an elevator with the horse, which I did. When I got off I was in a big space walled with shiny aluminum. Then I wakened up.

I picked up The Globe and Mail this morning and opened it. The first picture on page three was taken at the famous Vienna Riding School where for the first time in over one hundred years women are being trained to ride the white Lapazziner stallions. The picture was a young woman preparing to dismount from one of the stallions. A trainer held a lead rope.

Will this be my lucky day? What might happen? My book, A Very Difficult Man, will be released in print! It is scheduled for October/November.
I hope the Dream Maker is hard at work on my behalf.

Thanks for coming by. Do you dream? In colour? Black and White? Have you ever heard about "breaking a dream?"

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

8 comments:

1 Who are We? said...

Breaking a Dream - no I can't say I hear of it. I have heard that if you dream the same dream three times it will come true. Or that if you sleep with a piece of someone's wedding cake under your pillow, you will dream of the man you will marry - single women only ((Grin)). I have a dream catcher (a wire or wooden circle woven in an intricate pattern with a personal object in the center) hanging over my desk in my bedroom. It catches my dreams - Keeps the bad ones from giving me nightmares and lets the good ones through. I have, as a personal item, a tiny business card proclaiming I am an author. The dream catcher keeps the good story ideas for me and discards the rest. LOL
Charlene Leatherman

Heidi said...

Never heard of breaking a dream but my grandmother interpreted dreams and taught me to do so. Her sister read tea leaves. Our dreams are very important. I suspect your dream of a horse portends very, very good things. A horse is quite a powerful symbol in a dream.

Afton Locke said...

I just love topics like this -- those mysterious, unexplained aspects of life. It's what attracts me to reading and writing paranormal romances.

I have had dream premonitions of places before I visited them. It hasn't happened often, but what a strange feeling. I've heard this means the dreamer had a past life in that place.

I dreamed of Paris before a big trip there. While there, the people I went walking with at night got hopelessly lost. I assumed someone had a map but no one did. When we turned onto yet another street, I looked up and it was the exact scene I dreamed.

Without knowing how I knew, I told them which way to turn to get us back and I turned out to be right.

Afton Locke
www.aftonlocke.com

Anita Birt said...

Thanks for your comment, Charlene. I have heard that dream catchers will do that. I have dream catcher earrings made by a native artist. I haven't had a bad dream for years. I used to have a repetitive dream but it hasn't appeared for years.

Anita Birt said...

What are dreams? I had one several years ago. We were visiting friends in Toronto and the brother of one of them was invited. I had never seen the man but had dreamed about him days earlier. He was exactly as I dreamed. I could scarcely believe my eyes.

Joan Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan Smith said...

Hi Anita,

The deleted comments belong to me as I am learning how you can put HTML tags in your blog and link to other web pages. An instance of this is a link to Cerridwen Press to buy the new paperback when it is released.
Joan