Monday, June 14, 2010

MY MEMORY PROJECT - continued on and on ...

On being eighty seven.

I read an article recently where the words "life is not a rehearsal" jumped out at me. I Googled them and discovered the saying is not new but goes back to 2003 - that's when I stopped looking for more examples.

On being eighty seven gives me pause for thought several times a day. How did I get so old and what have I done during those eighty seven years to mark my passage through life? I'm not a brilliant writer, I am a very small frog peeping away in a huge lake filled with big frogs occupying lily pads waiting for big Momma frog to deliver them bags of royalty cheques.

Having five published romance novels pleases me. They are not and never will be on the 'best seller lists" but they are an achievement. A marker. Anita was here!

Life is not a rehearsal. Being old challenges us physically and mentally. I read somewhere that "getting old is not for the faint of heart." So how do we make our days interesting and joyful?

As for me, I blether away on this blog. I write my memories for my immediate family. I should be revising two historial romances and two contemporary romances but since my husband passed away, I have lost interest. Perhaps it's a kind of writer's block or maybe, being eighty-seven has changed my focus. I shall open one of them this evening and see what happens. Can't hurt.

Life is not a rehearsal. How many chances will I have to revise four books, finish my memories and entertain you on my blog?

I am off now. Not to walk by the sea. There's a fierce wind blowing and it's hard to walk against it.

Do leave a comment. Or am I alone rattling away to no good purpose? I'm entertaining myself! That's good for my brain.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

1 comment:

ClaudiaH said...

Hello! I found your blog by clicking on the "next blog" button while working on my book club blog (www.rrnnbookblog.blogspot.com). I am enjoying your blog! I shall sign up to read your blog...but I only check blogs about once every few months. Looking forward to reading more about you...