Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MY MEMORY PROJECT - continued

It's June 2nd and I'm off to Portland, Oregon tomorrow to visit my Franciscan friends at Bridal Veil. I'll return home on Monday afternoon. I'm taking some of my husband's ashes to sprinkle on the grounds at Bridal Veil. My husband loved the place and loved the Franciscan Sisters of The Eucharist, our dear friends. Another friend, Father Craig Boly SJ will say mass. It's ages since I've been to Bridal Veil. Craig was a student of mine many, many years ago when he was studying at Regis College in Toronto.

My book, The House at Bridal Veil was published in 1992 byBinford and Mort, Portland, OR. My book is available - used copies - at Amazon.com and ABE books. An inspirational read about a small group of amazing women, Franciscan Sisters, who reclaimed a run down old mansion on the Columbia River and through hard work and devoted friends, brought it back to life. It's worth a visit if you are in the area.

Back to more mundane matters. An article in the National Post caught my eye. Do not call us "seniors." Please call us "elders." Hmm. Sounds as if we have much wisdom to pass along. Some of us may have but some of us have lived humdrum lives, married, worked, raised a family, retired and, if blessed with reasonable health. will enjoy those sunshine years.

Humddrum? Seems to me we have something to say about commitment and loving and being there when times are tough. Care to comment.

I'm going to do some self promotion about my books. This time my time travel, Ring Around The Moon. My time travel is different My hero, Alan Tremaine, comes from two hundreds years in the past to the present time. This causes enormous problems for my American heroine, Beth Ormond. She rented Quest cottage in Cornwall for a month of R&R. Alan is sure she is his wife Elizabeth who lost her life when their home burned to the ground and has now returned to him.

Quest cottage was built on the foundation stones of Alan's ruined home. Imagine the problems facing a man from the past. He doesn't have a modern identity and all that entails. Check out my web site, www.anitabirt.com for an excerpt about my book and how to purchase it.

On my last royalty cheque, three of my books were downloaded to Kindles, one to Ipod and another to Createspace. Very interesting. I'm hoping for more sales. That's a pitch! Others of my books are pirated on various sites where my books are given awayfree and I, the hard working writer, are cheated of my royalties.

Thanks for dropping by. Please leave a comment if you feel so inclined. I shall return.

Anita Birt
www.anitabirtcom

No comments: