Friday, November 5, 2010

Anita Birt's Note book

"No sun,no moon,
No sun, no dusk, no proper time of day
No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
No comfortable feel in any member,
No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
No fruits, no flowers, no leaves,
NOVEMBER" Thomas Hardy.

I was thinking of those words while out in the deary drizzly weather this morning. How quickly the coastal weather changes out here on the west coast of Canada. Yesterday was bright with some sun. Ah well. Better drizzly rain than snow.

Dis you know that one of the biggest exports from British Columbia to the United States is "BC Bud." That's top grade marijuana! It all comes from illegal grow-ops in innocent looking houses. The grow-operators steal the electricity by connecting to the power lines running past the house.

I wonder why BC Hydro does not have the technical know-how to catch the bad guys stealing power? Have specially designed vehicles to travel the streets and a "ping" hits the screen where someone has clamped on to the hydro lines. The wizards working behind the scenes inventing and re-inventing products might come up with a brilliant solution. Who goes first?

I hate fighting with inanimate objects like the parking meter in the lot I use now and then. I read the instructions, I press ONE for two hours although I only require about fifteen minutes (it's a racket folks!) I pop in my loonie and a second loonie and it keeps spitting one of my coins and asking me to send it. I tried and tried to send the loonie while I got colder and colder and finally said, "to hell with this," locked my car and left. Luckily the roaming parking lot person didn't turn up so I didn't get a ticket.

By the way, a loonie is a Canadian one dollar coin. A toonie is a Canadian two dollar coin.

I see a break in the clouds to the south west. A narrow band of hope.

Read about me and my books at: www.anitabirt.com If you are in the reading mood, I'd be delighted if your purchased on or two.

Anita.

No comments: