Friday, November 12, 2010

Anita Birt's Note book

I have lost my Happiness File. Can't imagine where it has gone. I've searched through every file in every file drawer to no avail. I was asked to do a presentation on Happiness and focus it on the residents of the retirement complex where I have lived for over a year. I had collected all matter of interesting material and can't find it. I'll have another search but not right this minute.

At the Cancer Clinic this morning. Since I'm having no symptoms my oncologist is holding back on treatment. He is monitoring me and will continue to do so. My friend, Helen, goes with me to sit in on the meetings and make notes which she sends to me and my son. Our big excitement happened after the meetings on the drive down a residential street when s small deer leaped in front the car in front of us. The driver hit the brakes but hit the deer. Another deer ran in front of our car. The little deer got up and ran into the garden next to the road.

It was scary. We have hundreds of deer living and wandering the streets of Victoria and the numbers are growing and growing. We need a major cull but no government is taking on the task. Perhaps when a driver swerves to miss an deer and slams into a tree with tragic results the powers-that-be will start the cull.

Tomorrow I'm going to talk to myself about why I pick up certain books. I'm always interested how the author draws me into the story within the first page. Even the first paragraph.

Do check out my web site: www.anitabirt.com and read excerpts from my books and view the covers.

Anita

No comments: