Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Anita Birt's Note book and possible rant

Take me out to the ball game! Soon I shall be watching the Blue Jays' games to take the edge off all the horrible news from around the world. The murder in France of a Rabbi and his two children is heart breaking and the same gunman took out two paratroopers last week.

The "strike" of Air Canada pilots has me and my family on edge. We will be flying to England on April 7th,  we hope. This is so unsettling. And we are helpless to do anything about it.

We'd better start praying to the union gods who are making life difficult for thousands of Canadian travellers. I shall try to put it out of my mind and thing happy thoughts.

Smile at children and old people. Smile at teenagers and they may smile back unless they are using their I-phone to take pictures or chat or read a book. All the latest technology is taking people away from interacting with people, real honest-to-goodness people who enjoy a chat or a smile or a wave.

Lunch time now so will run along. Who likes ghost stories? Comments please.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: