Friday, March 16, 2012

Anita Birt's note book and rant.

Blogging isn't my thing. I can't think of a single thing to say to engage readers and have them beg for more. I am having a Book Launch for my time travel romance, RING AROUND THE MOON on May 16th. The PR manager in the complex where I live is doing all the work. An ad in the Vancouver Island newspaper, The Times Colonist. Wind and cheese will be served. That will bring hordes of people seeking a free drink and food.

I shall read the first pages of my gook. It starts with a really scary opening. Do buy my book either in e-form or in trade paperback. I hadn't read it since I wrote and was very pleased with the twists and turns in the plot and my writing as I read it. My publisher created a new cover that is quite beautiful.

I hope spring has arrived where you live. Here on Vancouver Island there has been one storm after another. 95 kmh winds and the sea heaving, rocking and rolling in white capped fury. Huge logs tossed like match sticks on the beach.

I shall be visiting England to attend my grandson's wedding. I have bought a hat for the occasion and have to carry it in a hat box on my flights.

Aging is taking its toll on some of the elderly residents where I live. Getting old is a risky business, like rolling the dice and hoping to come up a winner for a few more years. Coming from a good genetic background helps. You can't beat those good genes when the the hair turns grey and the joints stiffen. Walking helps a lot and I have fairly long walks at least five times a week or more. Can't get out when the wind is howling around the building and rain beating against my windows.

Would you like to discuss aging in all its manifestations? Life is a terminal illness. None of us can escape it so how do we handle the journey. I think Steve Jobs replied to a question about how he enjoyed creating new things. He said, he enjoyed the journey more than the outcome.


So enjoy your journey and share one or two of some of your favourite stopping places. I'd love to hear from you.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: