Thursday, March 29, 2012

Anita Birt's Note book and possible rant

I wrote a romance novel several years ago and for reasons, know only to the gods, did not send it out to a publisher or an agent.Can't remember why but the book jumped into my thoughts recently when a friend mentioned she used to have a home in the Caledon hills in southern Ontario. Into my mind was a vivid memory of a scene in that area. It was so vivid I knew I had lived there. Not true what I pictured in my mind was the opening scene of my book, tentatively titled, Homecoming or Return Engagement. I'm thinking I should have a look at the complete manuscript and send it out.

So when I return from England and my grandson's wedding, I shall print it out. Lots of twists and turns in the plot that makes it a page turner. (author's opinion!) Here's how it starts:

Nick leaned on the window sill and gazed at the changed landscape in front of his parent's home. The maple tree shading the old-fashioned wooden swing had grown tall. A manicured terraced lawn, once a favorite tobogganing hill for him and his sister, swept down to the duck pond he'd dug with his father. Mallards paddled in the water.

Turning away from the window he smiled at the German Shepard drowsing in a patch op early morning sunshine. Kim had been a frisky pup eight years ago now her muzzle was more white than brown.

Eight years free lancing as a war correspondent had taken its toll. Afghanistan, Iraq, the Congo and the civil strife in the Philippines, he'd seen it all.

Home for a rest tp recpver frp,a gunshot would cou9tensy of a sniper in the Congo, he had the run of the house while his globe trotting parents were out of the country for two months.

The chiming telephone jolted Kim from her sleep. Mike grabbed it on the first ring hoping the call was from Joe.

Want to know what happens next? Send a comment. Ask me.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com
Remember to purchase an e-copy or the trade paperback of my time travel romance, Ring Around The Moon.

No comments: