Monday, October 22, 2012

Anita Birt's Note Book

I've been writing, turned to gaze out the window. In the field across the road a young buck stood quietly. He had the beginnings of a small rack. He was way out of deer territory we don't see them down by the sea. The deer have become a nuisance in and around Victoria. No predators to control the population. They eat farmer's crops, huge a financial loss, and can wreak havoc on city gardens.

I'm working at getting my creative muse back. I shall write a minimum of one hour a day until the days come when I'll do three and four hours as I used to. After my husband' death I have had many changes to work through. Finding my lost muse is becoming kind of fun. I know it's hiding and probably enjoying a respite. We shall see what happens. In the meantime, I shall discipline myself to do at least one of writing a day even if the writing has to be tossed and redone the nerxt morning.

My books are out there and available in e-format. Three are in e-format and trade paperback. They are: A VERY DIFFICULT MAN, RING AROUND THE MOON AND TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

I shall pack it in now and read The National Post, a major Canadian newspaper..

An aside. The Pope has proclaimed a new saint, a Canadian native, St. Kateri who lived a couple of hundred years ago. Her parents died of small pox when she was a child. She was ravaged by the disease, ruining her skin and leaving her with vision problems. She joined a Jesuit Missionary order and "lived a life of piety, purity and mortified the body by floggings and sleeping on a bed of thorns. She died age 24. I'm not sure what makes her saintly. Her suffering was self inflicted.

God help her. She never had a decent night's sleep.

Bye for now,'
Anita
www.anitabirt.com


No comments: