Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Anita Birt's Note Book

December 25th. It's Christmas Day.

 Hello everyone from Vancouver Island where the sea is heaving in great swells and a strong wind is blowing. I shall not venture out. We have pelicans flying over the sea. They are new to the area and may, or may not stay for the winter. Not a sign of a humming bird though. I plan to hang up a feeder for them in 2013. They need encouragement for there is precious little for them to feed on during the grey winter months.

A small flock of robins passed by two days ago. Some stay but most cross the Strait and head for better berries and bugs to eat.

I received two books for Christmas. RIN TIN TIN by Susan Orlean. I am partial to German shepherds. We owned Kim, a German shepherd,  until she died when she was ten years old. A lovely animal and protective of the family. The other book, "TRUST YOUR EYES," a thriller by Linwood Barclay. With the books awaiting on my Kindle and a couple of print books in my bookcase I have enough reading material for 2013.

In a fit of reading madness, I have ordered from Munro's Books, "The Stardust  Revolution: The New Story of Our Origin in the Stars."

So, what are you reading? Is anyone out clinging to life? I'd love to hear from you. Maybe we can inspire each other to read even when our eyes are tired.

Google this: WHY CAN'T I OWN A CANADIAN? and prepare to smile or even laugh out loud.

Dreadful news from the States with killings to break the heart. Are there more crazy people in the States than in Canada? Or do crazy people have access to guns of every description? As for NRA! Their spokesman sounds insane. He advocates more guns, for God's sake. Who will be the next victims?

To change the subject to something a little more cheery. Keep buying my books either in book or e-format. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN, ISABELLE'S DIARY, ISABELLE'S STORY, RING AROUND THE MOON AND TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

TOO YOUNG TO DIE  is a page turner. Imagine a young woman, a nanny. She has to escape from killers and heads into the forest in the Cascade Mountains in Washington with a three months old baby in her arms - at midnight.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com




No comments: