Thursday, September 12, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book and other bits and pieces.

Weather news. We broke a heat record on southern Vancourver Island yesterday. It was 30.7 deg C. that's about 90  deg. F. It's cooled off a bit to-day.

Have you ordered, rushed out or otherwise purchased your copy of ISABELLE?

Here's how Isabelle's Story starts: Isabelle's brother tapped on her bedroom door the night before her fifteenth birthday and hushing her to be quiet handed her his gift. "I thought it best to give it to you now. If mother knows you are keeping diary she will insist on reading it." And so will father, Isabelle thought.

In the morning she smoothed her hand on the maroon leather cover of the precious diary, rested her cheek on it, breathed in the scent and slid her fingers along the glossy gold-edged pages. She had never owned anything so beautiful and hesitated before picking up her pen to write. It seemed a shame to sully the pages with her boring thoughts but she had the diary and boring or not she'd start writing in it to-day.

And so Isabelle's Story begins.

I've been doing a lot of editing to-day. It's slow work for me not being as swift as I once was. I'd love to have a new book published at my advanced years. Never give up. If I don't crack the publishing world I won't curl up and die or wither away or fall into a deep depression. I shall continue writing a second book I have just started. Writers write.

I have a free week-end. Except for playing bridge with friends tomorrow night I don't have to go anywhere or do anything I don't have to do.  Oops. I have some ironing. Can't keep avoiding it, I will do it first thing after breakfast then back to editing with a clear conscience.

Anita

No comments: