Wednesday, June 25, 2014

ANITA BIRT - GROWING OLD GRACEFULLY

Want to Grow Old Gracefully? Don't grow old. There's no stopping the march of time. I wake up every morning and I'm still here - where else would I want to be?

Getting old means getting used to the new you, the New You, whose energy level is not what it used to be five years ago. I've been there. Get used to it.

I'm not writing the way I used to. No longer do I sit four or five hours typing like mad with stories blooming on the computer right in front of my eyes. Now I manage a couple of pages a day - unless I've had errands to run and my creative energy has seeped away. 

I saw a funny thing this morning hand printed on a lamp post. "I wish I was more creative ."

Being creative isn't a big problem for me. The story I'm writing is coming along nicely. All kinds of weird  things are happening to my three main characters. I tend to write too many characters into this story. They arrive and I can't turf them out, they are there for a reason.

I'm reading the latest Lee Child book in the Jack Reacher series,  NEVER GO BACK. I had to force myself to close it and go to bed last night. I'm going to pace myself this evening. I had a hard time going to sleep and then I dreamed ...

I was talking to a neighbour while standing on the back porch of a house. The big back yard was untidy. It seemed familiar to me. I think I remember it from my childhood in London, Ontario. An owl flew over head. That's all!

So Grow Old Gracefully. Accept the changes in your energy level. Enjoy using your brain every day. Do puzzles, read, converse with friends. I don't do puzzles. I don't do crossword puzzles. I certainly don't do Sudokos. My brain has limitations. There you have it. Are  you  puzzle person?

Have your purchased a copy of THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY? $1.99 - it's an e-published book. Can't beat the price.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: