Saturday, November 28, 2015

ANITA BIRT - Bumps along life's journey

My bump left me paranoid about worms - plain ordinary earth worms.  I told my daughter-in-law, Alana what I had written. I often wondered why she went ballistic when a  wasp came near. Now I know. It was a bump along her life journey.

When she was three years old, she'd been playing in the garden and a bee flew straight at her, she ducked and it somehow got into her little panties and stung her. It hurt a lot. She screamed for her mother who caught the bee and stamped on it. Alana still remembers what the bee looked like, squashed. From that day to this, Alana is truly fearful of wasps and bees. Like me with worms, she can't get over the fear. If perchance a wasp gets into the car - get off the road safely and get rid of the wasp.

If someone reads my blog, do you have a story to tell about a bump along your life's journey? Please share it as a comment and I'll add it to my "bump" collection.

Do boys have fearful moments in life?

Change of topic. "Fill your life with the things that bring you joy, and see how they touch other people and realize their lives are not so different." A quote from a book: :"Bread, Wine, Chocolate." by Simran Sethi.

I'm tempted to buy the book but : Get thee behind me, Satan.   Books to me are like an addiction. I must stop buying them  My small apartment has no more room. One of us will have to go, me or the books!

I live in a retirement community. Thanks to the efforts of our librarian, Mary Norton, we have a splendid collection of everything from biographies to murder, mysteries to romance novels, to humour - the collection is amazing. All my books are in the library.

Anita Birt author of: A VERY DIFFICULT MAN.  ISABELLE'S DIARY.  ISAELLE'S STORY.  RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE. My e-book. THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY. My non-fiction book; THE HOUSE AT BRIDAL VEIL.

I'd love to have a comment!

www.anitabirt.com




No comments: