Sunday, November 29, 2015

ANITA BIRT - STORY TELLER

Frost is on more than a pumpkin to-day. The field across the way was covered in frost so was the sidewalk. I do not venture out when there's a risk of me falling. At my age a fall could be the end of the road for me. I went out this afternoon in bright sunshine, the kind of day when I feel how good it is to be alive.

I miss seeing my family. My son and daughter-in-law will be our for a visit either before or after Christmas. But joy of joys, my grandson, Fraser, his wife, Francesca and their two little girls, Caroline and Imogen are coming to see me next week!  Wonderful.

I eagerly await hearing from my hundreds (?) of readers about a bump along on a life journey. Surely I  am not alone.  It's interesting about me being strange about worms, throw one at me and I'll start running scared and screaming.

Fear is a strange thing.

1944. When the ship behind mine in the convoy was blow out of the ocean by a huge torpedo the explosion lifted me right up and slammed me down on my bunk. I wasn't afraid! I obeyed all the rules, dressed in warm clothes and carried my life jacket to the salon where we passengers assembled awaiting orders. Our ship was not damaged! The captain would not allow us out on deck. More explosions rocked my ship. We sailed on. Not until days later did we find out the awful nature of the sinking of two ships. If you want to read my account, leave your name and e-mail address and I'll send it to  you.

In the meantime buy my books: A VERY DIFFIVCULT MAN.  ISASBELLE'S DIARY.  ISABELLE'S STORY.  RING AROUND THE MOON.  TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

Read about them on my website. Look at the beautiful covers.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com


No comments: