Sunday, January 17, 2016

ANITA BIRT - STORY TELLER

Oops on my last post I said I'd write something amusing next time. I'VE HAD FAMILY VISITING AND ALL MY GOOID INTENTIONS HAVE FLOWN OUT OF THE WINDOW.

I have a new printer and have been tidying up the bits and pieces of manuscript left behind. My old printer has to go the recycling depot - my friends, Helen and Roy will give me a big hand. I can't lift that old printer. Friends are wonderful.

Especially when you are an old person like me. I'll be celebrating my ninety-third bithday in February. How did I get to be this old? It has a lot to do with the genes I've inherited - tough Scottish women who like to stick around an keep an eye on the family - they can be bossy and I have inherited that trait, as well. I do my best to tell my famly what to do but it really is a waste of time; they smile and nodded their respective heads and go on doing what they were doing. Sigh.

As  I cleared up old stuff lying aroud I found a notebook with something written on the first page - after that nothing. Seems my husband and I were visitng the Island of Iona, the blessed Island. And found someone had written this. "We asre blessed to live on this beautiful island, no carriages, one or two motor cars and a dog or two." Then a space and this: "Oh day that I have loved." Is it a quote? I'll Google it as soon as a wrap this up. Remember to buy my books in print or e-book. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN. ISABELLE'S DIARY. ISABELLE'S STORY. RING AROUND THE MOON. TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

www.anitabirt.com

No comments: