Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Anita Birt';s Note Book

Buy it as a paperback book or read it on your e-reader, "In The Orchard, The Swallows," by Peter Hobbs. It is a beautifully written meditation on Love, Loss and the Joy of remembering.

I read it on my Kindle but have ordered a paperback copy so I can re-read it and mark places that touched my heart. It is set in Pakistan where jailed prisoners are brutally beaten and tortured yet one survived by remembering his beloved and has written his story of survival.

Another book I am ordering is, "The Annotated Archy and Mehitabel," by Don Marquis. I have a copy and want one for a friend who is an Archy fan. How can you not enjoy Archy, a cockroach, who was once a verse libre poet in a previous life? You can find more about Archy and Mehitabel on the Internet but the book is lots more fun and has gems of wisdom about ethics and morality. For instance, Archy would never drop into a blind man's soup for a bite to eat.

I hope you are buying my books and making me smile. Check my web site: www.anitabirt.com

Bye for now,
Anita

No comments: