Monday, February 25, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

Southern Vancouver Island has been hit with a low pressure area surging in from the west bringing with it 80 klm winds and rain. I did not try to go outside fearing the worst. A tumble. Blown into the raging sea. Bloody awful weather. But there are daffodils blooming alongside the bushes across the way. A sign of spring?

I have over 17,000 words in the first draft of my book. A third of the way for a decent sized mystery. I still don't know who the bad guys are yet. They will reveal themselves soon . Did I tell you I can't plot. Doesn't work for me as it does for most writers. Also I work without music playing in the back ground. Music distracts me. I have to listen to it and my writing brain shuts down. It takes all kinds.

I've heard about a new E-publisher in the States, www.entangledpublishing.com I think that's the correct name. I have several romance novels never sent out and may send them to this new e-pub. It'd be worth a try.

I mus return to The Stardust Revolution. It's beautifully written by Jacob Berkowitz and has intense reporting of the men and women studying the stars. It boggles my mind to know that I am made of elements created in the stars. Stardust sounds good to me. Imagine spending your working life eyes on the heavens. I feel privileged to read about them.

So much for stardust. Back to writing or thinking or taking a break and reading. Does anyone out there write?  Does someone out there write fiction? Poetry. Short stories. Mystery. Romance.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: