Monday, February 4, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

I slung my binoculars over my shoulder when I want out for my walk by the sea yesterday. The tide was way out and a long flat rock was visible, something rather larger than gulls or ducks was on the rock.  An eagle was sitting there! Not doing anything. Not fishing that I could see.

I walked on, as I returned the eagle was still there. Suddenly it flew. Seeing an eagle on the wing is to see magnificence in action. We have eagles nesting not too far away but I rarely see them that close. I was thrilled. I also saw a tiny hummer perched on the twig where I often see it. Anna's hummers winter here - don't ask! If I could fly I'd head south. They nest and raise their young here and take off in April/May and go south following the flowers blooming along the way.

One huge eagle. One tiny hummer. Made my day.

My book is coming along. I haven't a clue where it's going. A mystery is developing. No murders or nasty stuff like that, a gentle kind of story with a few not so nice characters to spice it up.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com




No comments: