Sunday, April 21, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

My notes are about nothing in particular so you may stop reading now! I am working hard on my mystery novel. I did a lot of editing yesterday and enjoyed reading my story from the beginning. Having said that, my two protagonists have to get busy and find the bad guys who are connected to a murder, two assaults and other illegal activities. Lots of characters and lots going on.

My blog is of no interest to anyone but I keep on going, although I miss days when I'm not inspired to look at it. However, this item in a newspaper is worth sharing. It's about snakes. Garter snakes. Harmless little creatures who eat slugs that damage your garden plants.

The newspaper heading:" Garter snakes leave cosy digs in crawl space to slither through hospital halls." It started when a snake was seen sliding down a hall at the hospital in Herbert, Saskatchewan. Then another and another. I'm quoting from the article."Garter snakes turned a crawl space beneath the hospital into a warm home for the winter and began to emerge as spring approached."

The crawl space has been sealed off. About 100 snakes have been captured. They'll be set free to find their natural seasonal migration route of their hibernation areas.  All's well that ends well.

I am taking part in a competition that involves wearing a step counter and noting my steps in a daily log book. I walk by the sea unless a Force 8 gale is blowing and the sea is churning white caps. It was windy this morning but it was sunny. Lovely to feel the sun on my face. BUT. A storm has blown in and rain is pounding against my window.Can't trust Pacific coastal weather.

Until my new book is published do keep buying my romance novels. A VERY DIFFICULT MAN. ISABELLE'S DIARY. ISABELLE'S STORY. RING AROUND THE MOON. TOO YOUNG TO DIE.

Enjoy
Anita

www.anitabirt.com




No comments: