Sunday, May 18, 2014

ANITA BIRT - SPEAKING OUT

To-day I'll skip social issues. No one commented on my Blog yesterday. I assume no one read it. Sigh.

I don't have an agent. I don't have a personal assistant. I certainly don't have a PR person flogging my books hither and yon. I use my Blog to write about writing and about my books.

About writing. I've heard many people comment, "I'd like to write a book but don't know where to start." My advice. "Write about some small thing you noticed to-day."

Is there a flower in bloom? Did you stumble over a stone on the path where you were walking?  What did that feel like? Remember a childhood incident. Could be anything. Or write the first thing that comes to mind. What are you thinking about right this minute? Begin.

The famous Nora Roberts said wisely. "You can't fix a blank page." So write a few lines, they don't have to make sense. WRITE THEM DOWN! No one is standing over your shoulder making caustic comments. Tell me what the weather is like where you are. That's a start.

Now to promote my own books. I have had five romance novels published. Here they are:


A VERY DIFFICULT MAN, (a historical romance set in England 1858)

ISABELLE'S DIARY: (A contemporary romance. with turns and twists and a ghost)

ISABELLE'S STORY: (A historical romance. England. 1899/1900. Who was Isabelle who penned the Diary?)
RING AROUND THE MOON: (An unusual time travel. He comes from 200 years in the past to the present time in mysterious Cornwall  and finds a new love, an American on a short holiday. She has to find him a new identity, passport, driver's license, all the trivia required in the present time)

TOO YOUNG TO DIE: (A contemporary thriller with a brave heroine escaping in the dark of night to protect a three month old baby from murderous thugs.)

THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY: My book is e-published by Smashwords, go to www.Smashwords.com to order.  If you have a Mac order my book from ibooks. The cost is $1.99. at both places. A 85,000 word book for $1.99. A real bargain.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: