Wednesday, May 28, 2014

ANITA BIRT - SPEAKING OUT

I am a rotten blogger. I get a great idea for a blog and then work it to death until I decide no one is interested . I'm getting like an old fart with tales of the past  to tell. Like the time when a huge explosion  rocked the ship I was sailing on and lifted me right up off my bunk bed.

 Three days away from reaching the safety of Liverpool, England, the convoy was  attacked by a German submarine taking out the ship sailing directly behind my ship,  the S.S. Ariguani.

Want to know the whole story? I'm ready and willing to tell you.  Imagine feeling a huge explosion, tossed up in my bunk and not knowing whether I might die in the cold north Atlantic when my ship sank.

Okay. I could go on about arriving in England, penniless. Actually I had a ten shilling note and a couple coins. My husband was serving with the RAF, "somewhere in England." I didn't  know where. It was war time.

Want to know more about me and my adventures, leave a comment. Or should I write something on Facebook?

Continue making me happy. Purchase my books. My romance novels and my latest e-published book, THE GHOST WRITER MYSTERY.

Anybody out here who remembers the old days when Bob and Ray were on the radio. They often signed off. "Write if you get work." I think they also said "Hang by your thumbs." Correct me if you can.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: