Wednesday, October 17, 2007

And now for something? Elvis Presley?

I had Elvis Presley's favourite sandwich for lunch to-day. It's guaranteed to put on weight. I don't know whether the sandwich started him on a downward spiral into gaining weight and ingesting drugs but it may have. My husband avoids the Elvis sandwich. Why? Because, poor guy, he spent his growing up years in Wales and never tasted peanut butter until he came to Canada.

So here is the Elvis sandwich. It's lovely and gooey and sticks to the roof of your mouth and has to be washed down with cups of tea.
Take two pieces of bread. Butter or margarine the outside of each piece as you would to make a toasted cheese sandwich. Spread one piece with thick peanut butter, slice a banana into thickish slices and dab them carefully on the peanut butter, slap the other piece of bread on top, heat your frying pan and fry/cook your sandwich until the bread browns and the bananas are nice and mushy.

And there you have it. The nourishing Elvis sandwich has calories galore - but what the heck? Indulge now and again.

It's a gorgeous day in my part of the world. Sun is shining. The sky is blue. The air is crisp. And now I'm going to post the cover of Isabelle's Diary, my latest release from Cerridwen Press. A contemporary romance with a paranormal twist. If I knew how to post it down here, I would but I don't how so that's why it's up top of my blog. Hey! I just dragged it down and there it is! I learned a new trick to-day.

Life is full of unwelcome surprises. I discovered water leaking underneath one side of the vanity in our bathroom. Not a lot that I can see but who knows what lies beneath. Our crawl space might be awash with water. I don't visit our crawl space. The plumber is coming on Friday morning. He can go there and have a look.

I'm knitting a little jacket for our next door neighbour's daughter, Kelsey. Kelsey and her husband are expecting their first child next month. And now I must be gone to another place. Enjoy what you're doing.
Anita
www.anitabirt.com

1 comment:

B is for Bow said...

I learned something new today - an Elvis sandwich!!! Don't really know if I am tempted but thanks for the instructions! Hope you enjoyed it.