Monday, February 15, 2010

A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE - with recipes

For new viewers of my blog, the idea for collecting old recipes came to me when I was searching for my sister's Chocolate Cake recipe. I found it tucked away in one of my little recipe notebooks. The recipe was on a small index card splattered with chocolate, butter, egg and cake batter. It almost looked good enough to eat!

As I looked through my notebooks I came across recipes I'd received from friends when I lived in various parts of Canada and Wales. I wondered if other women had recipes to share that came from another time and place? If you have one and would like to share, please send it to me at: anita.birt@gmail.com with Recipe on the subject line. I will download it to my blog.

Tomorrow! Watch for it! Pumpkin Pickle recipe. It's delicious

Now for a big change of pace. I'm going to download the cover of my time travel romance, RING AROUND THE MOON and a very short description of the plot.

My American heroine, Beth Ormond, rents a thatched cottage in Cornwall for a month of rest. She is four months pregnant with her first child. Her husband is suing for divorce. When she is unable to get pregnant, he agrees to artificial insemination from an unknown donor but changes his mind when she suffers morning sickness. "Get rid of that thing!"

Determined to keep her baby, Beth arrives at the cottage at midnight after driving from Heathrow airport. As she steps from her car, a man calls out to her. Terrified she runs up to the cottage door but is unable to get her key in the lock and the door open before he reaches her.
Alan Tremaine had traveled from eighteen hundred to the present time to find the woman he loves and thought he had lost two hundred years ago.

That's all I'm telling you! All my books published by Cerridwen Press are available in e-format from www.Jasmine-Jade.com or www.Amazon.com. Visit my web site to read about me and my books. The covers are all there with excerpts from the books. You can find used copies of my non-fiction book, The House at Bridal Veil, at Amazon.com and ABE.books.

Pumpkin Pickles tomorrow.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: