Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE - with recipes

Although I hold the copyright to my blog, the recipes are yours to copy, cook and enjoy. I'd love to know when you try them.

Tomorrow on my blog you'll find a wonderful recipe for Beef Barley Soup. It's guaranteed to make you feel good during the last few months of winter.

Here's a feel good recipe for Muffins.

This Muffin recipe came from Mimi Barbour with this note. "I've been making them since the first year I got married in 1967....it's one of my favorite recipes and I think it was the lady next door who, knowing I was a new bride, took pity on me and helped me with some good recipes. She's the same one who gave me the Cranberry, pecan shortbread cookie recipe that won me the recipe contest in the chatelaine magazine a couple of years ago.

Thanks for sending it, Mimi. We all love muffins.

Easy Bran Muffins ------Mimi

Beat: – 1 egg

½ cup brown sugar

Add: - ½ cup cooking (vegetable) oil

Beat all together, and then add one cup buttermilk (I use any milk I have and it works fine) Beat again.

Sift together: - 1 1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp baking powder

1 cup cooking bran (I use oat bran, wheat bran or just the regular - flax can

be added maybe a few tablespoons but I’d use that as part of the cup of

bran

Throw in a handful of raisins, or cranberries, blueberries, choc chips – whatever you like…..or add in different kinds of fruit, peaches, pineapple, etc

Bake at 400 for 15 – 20 min

Then Enjoy!

We shall Mimi.

Anita, www.anitabirt.com


No comments: