Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

At last a comment left on my blog! I would like more especially as I am offering to e-mail a copy of my children's story, The Misadventure of Tilly, a swan, to anyone who asks. It is free! You can't beat that for prices. This story is for children ages 4 - 7.

As for the adult novel I am writing, it is coming along. I am re-reading my own published books to find my writing voice. After my husband died I stopped writing and thought my writing days were over. But writing about "Tilly" has been fun and hard work. My daughter-in-law is a retired teacher of young children and she insisted I take our frightening scenes that would make little kids cry. I have one scary scene in "Tilly" but she does have a lot of problems trying to find her way home. Did you know that only swans can hear swan songs? I thought not.

I have a ghost in my new novel and a retired writer. They make a fine pair of problem solvers when things go amiss in the retirement residence where the writer lives and the ghost hangs around, so to speak.

I shall say no more and await requests for a copy of THE MISADVENTURE OF TILLY, A SWAN.

Anita
www.anmitabirt.com

No comments: