Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

Writing a novel is a challenge. Writers have different ways of approaching a story. Some plot. Some write cards with story points on them and spread them on the floor. Other write on white board with black pens.

And then there are others like multi-published historical writer, Jo Beverley, who says she writes "by the seat of her pants," and lets the story flow from a beginning she has imagined. She is gifted and I am not even close to emulating her genius.

I write like that. I started my new book with an idea and let it take shape. What happens will happen and now and again, the story lurches off on a tangent I had not thought of and takes me there.

That's all I want to say this evening. I'm reading "Gone,Girl," and want to get back to it.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

No comments: