Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Anita Birt's Note Book

I mentioned my e-published book, Isabelle's Diary, in my last post. The problem in writing a contemporary romance like mine is how quickly technology changes can puzzle my readers. I wrote my book five years ago and since then we have gone from simple cell phones to tablets to I-phones and more.

Isabelle's Diary is set in mid Wales in the present time. The idea for my book came to me when my husband and I were on a walking holiday. We had taken a day off to visit Llandrindod Wells, its cathedral and history. As we sat in a cafe drinking a mid morning cup of coffee I noticed a young girl dressed in rather old fashioned, black clothing sitting at a window table. She kept looking out the window as if expecting someone. My imagination went into overdrive.

I imagined a different scene. I (my name is Sally) am sitting in the cafe, alone, when I notice a young women dressed in Victorian black sitting at a window table. She is reading from a diary and tears spill down her cheeks. My heart goes out to her and I start to stand up to go over to her when the waitress interrupts me to give me my check. I pay my bill and look for the girl but she has vanished and the waitress insists that no one has sat at the window table all morning.

That is how my story starts. Isabelle's Diary is available in e-format and is not available in trade paper back. I am hoping if enough readers order my book in e-format my publisher may issue it in print. I would love to have it in print. Much as I enjoy reading on my Kindle, there is much to be said for holding a book in my hands, especially when it is mine!

Isabelle's Diary uses old technology like a telephone! Enjoy my book and overlook the missing teckie gadgets. It's a fascinating story waiting for you to read.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com



No comments: