Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ANITA BIRT'S JOURNAL

My new web site is coming along. It looks fresh and interesting. Small changes from the old one. I was looking over my site and reading reviews of my books. Loved reading them. Now I really must have a new book to add to the mix. I await word from my editor. She might think it's not up to scratch, unlikely to be published and other ugly rejections.

Stop thinking negatively. Bad for the brain. Turn it around and think it's a really good read. How many mystery novels have a Ghost as one of the main characters. Working with a ghostly character who is neither male or female posed a problem or two. I kept referring to Ghost as a she or her and that just would not do. Not in the story I created.

The other character is a writer, Liz Stanley, who writes Lady Mary Mysteries using the name Amelia Blackstock.

Neil Gaiman in his recent lecture given at The Reading Agency. 'I'm going to tell you that Libraries are important. I'm going to suggest that reading fiction, that reading for  pleasure, is one of the most important things one can do."

So buy one or two of my books, buy ISABELLE. Lose yourself in a fictional world. Forget your troubles. Enjoy a good read.

Reading fiction is good for the brain. Better than any pill. There are millions of books waiting to be read by you and me. I have barely scratched the surface. How are you doing?

Anita

No comments: