Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ANITA BIRT'S NOTE BOOK and sundry bits and pieces.

The weather has calmed and the sun is struggling to work its way through the clouds. I am pleased to tell you my new web site will be up and running in a week or so. Depends on the work load of the site planners.

As  I sent my thoughts to James and Ray who are creating the site it occurred to me that I have five romance novels languishing in my files and on my computer. One, a historical romance, dear to my heart. It's called, The Crofter's Daughter. or The Scottish Witch or A Long Journey. .I based the start of the story in the late 19th century when Scottish crofters who had worked and lived on small parcels of land for hundreds of years were driven off, lost their cottages, the few animals they had, so the wealthy landowners could raise sheep. Sheep made money.

During the upheaval my heroine, Ailsa Macrae, was wrongly accused of stealing sheep, a capital offence. With her father she escaped over the border into England but even there, the authorities were on the look out for the escapees. Ailsa and her father had enough money to pay for a passage to Canada but Liverpool  was out of the question, even there Ailsa and her father were in danger. So they travelled south. Wanderers in a strange land. Without friends.

Encourage me to send this book to a publisher. It's a tale of loss and courage. Ailsa's bravery makes her a true heroine. My family background is Scottish. My folks were not Highland crofters but the tale of their suffering is heartbreaking.

My other novels are all contemporary. I shall dig them out and have a look. What about "Marrying The Boss." The first line in the book is: "Of course you will accept." I leave you with that.

Must return to the creepy story I'm writing.

Anita







No comments: