Monday, October 7, 2013

ANITA BIRT'S NOTE BOOK

Can't go out for a walk until the wind dies down and there are no white caps on the sea. There's a black cloud moving in, could be rain. Definitely not a good time to head out.

My brand new web site is being created. I feel like an expectant parent waiting for the web site to appear. I have rejoined Romance Writers of American and applied to join The Writers' Union of Canada. They may turn my down because my books are not considered "literary." They are well written with twists and turns as the story develops. But they are ROMANCE novels. They are classified as "Bodice Rippers," or some such nonsense. How can you rip the bodice from a young woman who doesn't have a bodice and who'd smack the first man trying to feel her up.

I'm hoping for good sales of ISABELLE. Two books in one volume. Isabelle's Diary and Isabelle's Story. When my publisher, Ellora's Cave decided to print the books she decided to put Isabelle's Story first and Isabelle's Diary second.

I wrote Isabelle's Diary first. It's a contemporary novel and reads like a mystery. Sally Carter is searching for her family tree in church archives in and around Llandrindod Wells, what she finds surprises her. The mystery lingers on until the last few pages of my book. Even though I'm the writer I get the shivers when Sally opens a box filled with family history and photos and comes across . . .

Buy my book and find out how  ISABELLE'S DIARY ends. You won't be disappointed.

ISABELLE'S STORY almost ended in a tragedy. Romance novels have to end happily but lots of difficulties abound for Isabelle until the final few pages.

I live with my characters when I'm writing. I visualize them. I sense what they are going through.

Writing is a lonely occupation but I'm never alone when I'm writing. I am living the story I'm writing. When the story ends I have to say good-bye to the characters with whom I've spent months. I grieve a little as I say good-bye but I've sent the on their way. They have a future! I let them go.

Bye for now. Leave a comment if you feel like it.
Anita




No comments: