Sunday, January 31, 2010

This delicious cake comes from my friend, Mary Robinson. She's had this recipe and used it hundreds of times for the past fifty years.


Quick Fresh Apple Cake (Freezes well)

½ c white, ½ cup brown sugar 2C unpeeled chopped apples
½ c oil ½ C raisins
1 egg ½ C walnuts
1 ½ cups flower
1 t baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 t cinnamon
½ t nutmeg
½ t allspice




Mix first 3 ingredients .
Add dry ingredient, fruit & nuts. Stir &
pour into 8” square pan.
Bake 350 deg for 30 – 35 mins

I’ve used this recipe for over 50 years.
It was given to me by our minister’s wife.

To send in a recipe: Send it as an attachment to an e-mail with RECIPE on the subject line.
Send it to me at: anita.birt@gmail.com

My granddaughter, Taylor, reminded me of a chicken recipe I've had since the 1960's. It's called "Communist Chicken" or "Little Red Hen" and there's a story to explain the strange names. I'll post it in the future. In the meantime, please send in your recipes. This is a wonderful place to collect recipes that have been used over the years by families like yours.

Anita
www.anitabirt.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I'm feeling better I'll add a recipe. Right now my taste buds are under-performing...as are all the rest of my buds!

Anita Birt said...

Thanks for taking the time when you're not feeling 100%. I wish outsiders would comment. I have to bully my family into commenting! I know, I didn't bully you.